Ben Kinney Group Of Companies(BKCO) is looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer to join our global development team. BKCO has specialized in providing web-based solutions for the real estate industry for over 10 years.
Our Canadian division is located in Edmonton.(Currently Remote USA/CANADA Only)
At Ben Kinney Companies, we support hundreds of real estate brokerages and thousands of real estate agents in the United States and Canada with tools to make their real estate business thrive. We offer a feature-rich customer-relationship-management (CRM) system, custom websites with integration with hundreds of multiple listing services, and a variety of other services for promoting homeownership.
The right candidate will be highly motivated, able to manage time to deliver without supervision, and has solid communication skills. They will be experienced with making recommendations to the technology and architecture in use. They will be adept at understanding, modifying, and rewriting code written by others. They will be an evangelist for clean, well-structured react code, and able to guide and mentor other team members in correct react development following industry standards.
Onsite, we offer an amazing office space with ergonomic modern furniture, formal and informal work areas, and a pet friendly culture. Health benefits, fun days, and a positive work/life balance round out the work environment.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Help the team conceptualize high level features into user stories
- Help the team prioritize stories and breaking down the technical difficulty
- Communicate your progress and plan verbally and via issues.
- Structural UI design and development with support from a designer team.
- Creating small reusable code modules.
- Ensuring solid code by creating fast unit tests and even some browser testing.
- Follow a github style workflow with topic branches and pull requests.
- Work both with local and remote members of the development team
To do this, here’s what you’ll need:
- 5+ years of direct experience in Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude
Please Submit via https://redman.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=17&source=aWQ9MTM%3D