At Parity Technologies we maintain and create blockchain software: dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralized applications can be expected.
We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code. Parity Technologies is based in Berlin and London, but remote work is possible for the right people and we are flexible on location.
We believe in giving back to the community and are looking for someone familiar with the open-source Rust ecosystem. You should be proficient in Rust, familiar with writing low and high-level code, confident with functional style programming, and knowledgeable in the (recent) space of computer networking research.
Parity works in a very flat hierarchy with lots of autonomy and high levels of personal responsibility, and we try to mimic an open-source workflow in much of what we do. We have an article on our blog about our development practices which you may want to read: https://www.parity.io/engineering-at-parity-what-its-like/
Your role: In this role, you will contribute to maintaining, expanding, and optimizing our existing peer-to-peer networking infrastructure, including ensuring that the software is resilient to attacks, and running experiments, for example using QUIC, implementing NAT traversal, or trying different peer-to-peer topologies.
- Experience designing and implementing network protocols.
- Understanding of low level networking concepts as well as asynchronous programming.
- Experience taming distributed (bonus decentralized) systems.
- Familiarity with the Rust language and its ecosystem.
Nice to have:
- Experience building peer-to-peer applications.
- An interest in decentralized technology and Web 3.
- Knowledge of Bitcoin, Ethereum or other blockchain technologies.
- Open source contributions
- Competitive salaries and benefits.
- Opportunity to become an expert in latest blockchain technologies.
- Working at Parity means focusing on stuff that matters: building cutting-edge technology for a better and more decentralized internet. Our teams enjoy a high degree of freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal improvement budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with
- German or English language courses where needed (and desired).
- We have a remote-friendly company setup.
- Bringing the team together is something we value a lot and we have regular company retreats (or will have, pending the Covid pandemic).
- Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're happy to receive your application anyways and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.
Apply directly at https://grnh.se/d854efbf3us