Autonomous Vehicle Localization Engineer
WaveSense is radically accelerating the arrival of self-driving vehicles by tackling some of the most challenging problems that stand in the way of safe and reliable navigation. Every road in the world has a unique subsurface signature. WaveSense uses radar to create a map of those subsurface signatures from which self-driving cars can navigate. Vehicles using WaveSense are unaffected by common but challenging road conditions like snow, heavy rain, fog, or poor lane markings. WaveSense is working with leading autonomous vehicle and traditional automotive companies, is backed by leading investors, is growing quickly, and is building a talented team that wants to transform the future of mobility and work on some of the hardest and most important engineering problems around. If that sounds like you, please drop us a line.
As an Autonomous Vehicle Localization Engineer, you will contribute to WaveSense's efforts around key algorithmic and engineering decisions for our radar-based map and sensor fusion-based localization algorithms. Your work will involve developing the Autonomous vehicle stack to showcase our Localization solution.
Who you are + what you'll do
- Contribute to building the Software stack to run our autonomous vehicle.
- Be responsible for our Autonomous Vehicle stack, and the interface with our localization.
- You’re comfortable thinking about the big picture and the small details. You enjoy understanding the whole system you're working with.
- Rapidly prototype to test and discard hypotheses.
- Enjoy working with small, high output teams in a fast-paced startup environment.
- A “get-it-done” person. You know that done is better than perfect and are energized by constantly delivering and moving things forward.
- Experience with ROS1/ROS2 or AV stacks (Autoware, Apollo, etc).
- Good understanding of the different AV software pipeline.
- 3 years or more experience working in Autonomous vehicles.
- Fluent in modern C++ and developing within a Linux-based development environment.
- Willing to travel to design, develop, and show unique capabilities and demonstrations.
Nice to have
- PhD or Masters in an autonomous vehicle mapping, localization, or sensor fusion related field or equivalent experience and knowledge.
- Experience in Optimization Frameworks (GTSAM,CERES,iSAM,etc).
- Experience with Python, TensorFlow, and Matlab.
- Experience working with radar data.
- Experience working on path planning and steering control.
Must be currently eligible to work in the US. Please indicate if you need or will eventually need sponsorship on your application.
Apply via the application form.
Agency calls are not appreciated.