Jonas Fitness, Inc. is a solution that provides fitness centers software and billing services. We are a division of Jonas Software, Inc., a leading provider of enterprise management software and billing solutions to a variety of industries, including golf and private club, fitness, sports and leisure, attractions, foodservice, construction and many more.
Jonas Software is the valued technology partner of over 40,000 customers worldwide in more than 15 countries. Jonas employs over 1,500 skilled individuals consisting of a cross-section of industry experts and technology professionals. Jonas is headquartered in Canada and operates offices throughout North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the Caribbean. Jonas is a 100% owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc., headquartered in Toronto and traded on the TSX (CSU.TO).
At Jonas Fitness, our vision is to be the branded global leader in fitness software and billing services. We strive every day to be recognized by customers and industry stakeholders as a trusted provider of "Software for Life" and as an ambassador for technology, product innovation, quality, and customer service.
As a DevOps Engineer 2, you will work very closely with the infrastructure and development teams to deploy solutions. You will play an integral role in cloud native projects and development. We will look to you to create a consistent deployment strategy for our infrastructure, and be able to make cost-optimizing suggestions. You will need to take an automation first approach, and security and compliance considerations are baked in from the start. We want you think “shift-left” in everything you do.
This position will be a major contributor for all cloud projects, with examples to include disaster recovery, business intelligence, payment processing solutions, etc. Internally, this position will act as a liaison between the product development teams and system administrators. This position will be responsible for staying up to date with the latest cloud solutions, and continuous deployment of said solutions to our cloud. Additional duties include being part of the on call rotation with our infrastructure team to ensure our solutions are highly available.
Reporting to the Director of IT, the core responsibilities of the position are to:
- Managing the deployment of our cloud infrastructure
- Writing infrastructure as code
- Deploy modern automation scaling and cost-optimization
- Ensure high levels of security and uptime with proactive maintenance and upgrades
- Use monitoring tools to find problems, resolve and/or escalate to support and application development to ensure that SLAs are intact
- Work closely with a team of developers to understand upcoming infrastructure needs
- Learn on the job and explore new technologies
- Participate in On-call Support Rotation
Required Experience For candidates to be considered, they will need 3 years’ experience working in the AWS cloud.
- Deploy infrastructure in the AWS cloud using CloudFormation
- Working with AWS common resources such as EC2, ECS, Transit Gateway, S3
- Advanced scripting with Bash, Powershell, Python, etc.
- SCP and IAM Policy Writing
- AWS Multi-Account strategy with Landing Zones, Control Tower, and Config
- Microsoft shop experience (Windows, Active Directory, .NET, etc)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities, and ability to pick up and adapt to new concepts quickly
- Strong desire to continually expand knowledge, learn and adapt to new tools and technologies
- Ability to travel 3-4 times a year to our Texas office (post-pandemic)
Preferred candidates will also have experience with the following:
- AWS Certifications
- Kafka Experience
- Code Repository tools (git/TFS/Azure Devops/AWS CodeCommit)
- CI/CD tools (Jenkins/Azure Pipelines/AWS CodeDeploy)
- Configuration Management and Automation tools (Chef/Puppet/Terraform/Ansible)
Please email resume to email@example.com